5 Simple Ways To Wear Pins And Brooches on your Shirt and suits
Since the flower brooch is usually reserved for special occasions such as weddings or prom, pin flowers on the shirt is an easy to forget skill, it is very simple, but if you do it wrong, you will be very confused at the party.
But don’t worry, placing flowers on the shirt isn’t as hard as it seems!
You will be able to re-learn how to pin flowers in less than 5 minutes because you can safely place a flower brooch in five easy steps.
The two most common types of clothing set on a flower are vest and shirt.
Put on Vest
1. Choose the appropriate floral brooch placement – Flowers facing you and greenery on your day. It should be in the center of the label, just below the widest part.
2. Start from the back of lapel – While holding the flower in place, lift the lapel and pin it over the lapel.
3. Shake through the thickest part of the flower – Continue to push the pin-up through the thickest part of the stem. The leg should be inserted diagonally, especially if the lapel is thin.
4. Push Stap Back Through Lapel – Pull leg back through lapel. The start and end of the battery should be located on the back of the lapel at an angle. (As shown)
5. Check that the brooch is safe – Move the brooch from side to side to make sure it is firmly attached. Use a second battery if needed.
Set on the shirt
Choosing a brooch – Traditionally, brooches are said to be placed in the upper left area of a shirt, above the heart. If your shirt has a pocket, you can pin it to the top of the bag.
Shake the pin to your selected position – Insert the pin slightly to the right where you want your brooch, tuck right to left. The pins should go into the fabric and then out of the fabric. An easy way to do this pierces your stapler through the 2 layers of fabric as shown
Insert the pin in and out of the lightweight fabric to the left of your selected location. The end of the dowel should be on the outside of the shirt when finished. The middle part where the shirt hole should be large enough for the original brooch to fit through.
Place your brooch – Pull the stem over the bag made by the pins not going through the trunk. Hoa should face the person who is installing.
Check the brooch – Pull the fabric around the brooch horizontally to make sure there are no bouquets or wrinkles in the shirt. Check that the brooches are firmly attached.
What flower is commonly used for flower brooch?
The best brooches have sturdy stems and will not look wilted if they are out of the water for an extended period. Roses, carnations, and lilies are very popular brooch flowers.
Don’t depend on these flowers however, like orchids, daisies, Craspedia, and more can be made into unique and beautiful brooches.